Summer will soon be drawing to a close. But there are still many things to do in late summer in the Columbus, Ohio area. That shouldn’t be surprising considering that there are so many things happening in the Columbus metro area all year long. Check out this list of the top activities happening around the metro area for some end-of-summer adventures!
- Visit The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium. It is open daily from 9 am to 6 pm through August 15. After August 15, the Zoo will close at 5 pm except on Saturdays and Sundays and Labor Day Weekend. (Don’t worry if you can’t make it to the Zoo before the end of summer. It is open daily except for Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.)
- Catch a performance by the Columbus Symphony Orchestra or Opera Columbus. The Columbus Symphony offers a variety of events all year. Picnic with the Pops 2022 is July 29-30. Check out the calendar for Opera Columbus here. If you’ve never attended an opera performance, you are missing out.
- Head outdoors. Take a trip down to the Scioto River for a boat ride or picnic lunch. If you’d rather stay on land, that’s no problem either. Take a scenic hike on one of the many trails located near the metro area. The city has a great variety of trails that will take you through forests, along creeks and even through fields. You’ll also find some great places to bike or kayak.
- Go shopping at one of the many high-end retail stores in downtown Columbus. Or take a trip down to the Scioto Mile for some shopping at some of the upmarket boutiques and stores. This area is surrounded by beautiful parks that make for a nice walk or bike ride while you’re out shopping.
- Attend a concert or show at Nationwide Arena. From rock concerts to comedy shows, there’s always an event happening in Columbus that you won’t want to miss.
- Sports fans, there’s no need to worry. There’s still plenty happening in late summer. You can watch a soccer match at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium. Or support the Columbus Clippers, Columbus’s own minor league baseball team, at Huntington Park.
It’s no wonder so many people love Columbus, Ohio, and the Scioto Metro area. It is such a great place to live, work and play.
We love it too! That’s why we are committed to doing our part to help you love your community. Whether you are a homeowner or a board member, it’s important to us that homeowners and HOA board members alike feel confident in their community management company.
If you are part of an association, consider how you might use a property management company to make your life managing an HOA that much easier. Spend more time out enjoying all there is to do in Columbus and less time worrying about the many details of HOA management. By providing the board with insight into financial details and handling oversight of community issues, PMI can help everyone enjoy the community more. If you are a homeowner, you will benefit from the convenience of our easy-to use online owner portal.
At PMI Scioto Metro, we are able to provide support, answer questions and make life easier in general for all parties. We know that every property and every community is different. That is why we make sure our approach is tailored to fit the needs of your community. At PMI it is important to us that everyone is able to enjoy both the amazing metro area and the smaller community of home. Show your pride in your community and make sure both homeowners and board members feel confident when you partner with PMI Scioto Metro.